Monday, October 31, 2016

Mad Max Orks


Witness me.




The war rig uses a flickering led bundle behind the grill for engine flame-out effects.







The gigahorse is built on a motorized chassis, so it can drive around the board.






The doof wagon features a bluetooth speaker, to pump strategic clips of the Fury Road soundtrack.







Naturally, it has drummers.







And naturally, it actually shoots fire.  (Be careful, kids!)






Four polecats with pivots and counterweights, that move back and forth.





A second pivot where the rider on the pole is gripping, and weighted boots, allow the rider to always hang straight down regardless of the pole's position as it swings.







Lots of GW "trukk" chassis of varying generations, combined with a variety of scale and era auto kits.






And bits.





And bobs.








A little bit of Rat Fink.








A dash of Wacky Races.








Lots of testors.





Airbrushing, oil paints, weathering pigments and did I mention testors? 






There are 20 warbikes, 15 warbuggies, 9 wartrucks, and 5 battlewagons, all of which are unique.

If I'm going to die, I'm going to die historic on the fury road.


Witness.





9 comments:

  1. I was giggling at work looking at these. Outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatest ork army of all time. I am in awe. ORKNESS ME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys get a kick out of it. I also painted 100 infantry (warboys), but I think the vehicles were the stars here.

    Again, glad you like the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God your Doof Wagon spits fire. That has to be the most awesome thing I've seen all week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen several orkish takes on fury road, but this one has to be the best. Actually, let me rephrase that, dis wun is da bestest. I'm either speaking Ork or Trump, difficult to tell sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginge, glad you like it. That said, take a look at the Mad Max project over at tauofwar.blogspot.com as Tim's work is superb. His painting and dedication to detail are both top-notch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. Places you need to visit in 2019. ... Upgrade your travel photos with these lightweight cameras that pack a punch ... Enjoy the world's best places to travel with Things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent post. I am also experiencing a few of these nick flim blowback 2022 cam gigandet black cotton bomber jacket issues as well, but now I have got some ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete